Člen DRILL® Business Services Group
Kubernetes Expert – freelance – remote
What you should be able to do/have?
- Enough practical experience running and managing Kubernetes so you can help us move our production to Kubernetes.
- Setup and maintain Kubernetes cluster.
- At least 2 years of experience running containers in production.
- Intermediate scripting skills in Bash and at least basic programming skills in Go, Python or Ruby.
- Proficiency with git and git based workflows.
- Experience with setting up infrastructure in a cloud environment.
- Experience with distributed event/messaging solutions.
- Experience with monitoring (micro)services.
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues.
- Innate impulse to automate boring parts of your life.
What will be your typical day?
- Creating, updating and deleting Kubernetes clusters on a whim.
- Writing Kubernetes Operators so you can do less operating.
- Maintaining “80/20” helm templates for service and database deployments.
- Teaching developers how put their infrastructure in a code.
- Rotating L3 on-call support for all production Kubernetes clusters.
Technologies you should know
- GitLab CI or any other CI that is committed with code.
- Conduit, Istio or Linkerd.
- Jaeger or Zipkin.
- OpenStack, AWS or Google Cloud.